The First Priority Club of ________________________________________________ School.
Article II – Purpose of the Club
- To encourage friends to understand the importance of living in relationship with God; serve as a resource to help students enhance their spiritual lives and provide an opportunity to integrate beliefs into daily living.
- To provide members the occasion to grow in their faith and for them to develop into dynamic leaders on the campus and in the community.
- To increase the self-esteem and moral foundation of peers while discouraging premarital sex, substance abuse, bullying, violence, suicide, etc.; that each member will develop a greater respect for the authority placed over them and pursue a lifestyle consistent to that outlined in the Bible.
Article III – Qualifications of the Members
Club membership is open to any student in this school that agrees with and is able to comply with the stated guidelines in this constitution/by-laws, provided there is no attempt by them to disrupt the meeting. Membership is equated to consistent attendance and participation in the club.
Article IV – Student Leadership
Our club may or may not have individuals holding positions of office depending on our school’s requirements; our team of officers/student leaders carry out the following duties including, but not limited to: greeters, publicity and promotion, club leader for a specific week, securing a guest speaker, leading or co-leading small groups, skits and mixers, announcements, and refreshments.
Article V – Meetings
- Our meetings are student led in accordance with the Equal Access Act (20 U.S.C. 4071-74), passed by Congress in 1984.
- Our meetings occur weekly and are coordinated with our faculty sponsor: _____________________________.
- Our meetings provide students the opportunity to discover and develop leadership skills they will use the rest of their lives.
- Our “H.O.P.E.” strategy of meetings provides students with the opportunity to grow and apply their personal faith and enhance their relationship with friends and family.
- Our meetings encourage students to invite their peers to be a part of an exciting club that assembles in a respectful and friendly atmosphere.
Article VI – Affiliation
- Our club is affiliated with First Priority, a not for profit ministry that resources clubs to succeed in their stated purpose.
- First Priority connects a community volunteer (typically an area Youth Worker) to attend club meetings as an invited guest to help student leaders in fulfilling their assigned tasks.
Article VI – Amendments
Amendments to this Constitution/By-Laws may be proposed by any member. Amendments shall become effective if approved by the two-thirds of the members and faculty sponsor.
This Constitution/By-Laws agreed to at ____________________________________________________ School
this day ___________ of _______________________ , 20_______
By the following students: (Fill in the students names)