What Your Congregation Can Do For First Priority
The local church congregation can play a significant role in supporting the students from your local church and from within your city or community. Nothing is more powerful than students sensing that their local church congregation is interested and concerned about their generation. Listed below are some ways you can make a positive difference in the lives of students.
- Establish a corporate prayer focus for the campuses within your city or community, use our Prayer Zone Strategy.
- Seek out students in your church and let them know you are praying for them.
- Have prayer for the campuses in your Sunday school classes or small group times within your church.
- Donate goods/services to the First Priority club or city network.
- Assist with the annual fund-raising events within your city or community.
- Focus on specific schools each month in your bulletin, church newsletter or special flier.
- Volunteer to assist a local First Priority event or club activity.
- Have your local church contribute to First Priority from their missions-giving budget.
What the Pastor Can Do For First Priority
- Pray regularly for the schools, faculty and students in your community.
- Let us know when you host your Missions Conference and we will have a staff member attend to provide an update on the ministry.
- Continue to encourage your youth director and students to get involved on campus and connect new believers with your church family for discipleship.
- Host a "First Priority Sunday" at your church. We would love to join you for a Sunday service and share the vision of our ministry.
- Consider providing monthly financial support. Your support allows us to continue to share the Gospel with lost students on campus.